Lesson Tuition Payments: Lesson tuition is due at the beginning of each semester for the entire semester. Michelle Lavin Music accepts check, cash, or credit card. Tuition is due by the first lesson each semester. A late fee of $15.00 will be assessed every 30 days past due. Student’s have the following options for tuition payments:
- MONTHLY TUITION PAYMENTS (Credit Card or Monthly Auto Bank Draft): All monthly tuition payments will be processed automatically on the 15th of each month through a credit card (3% processing fee) or an auto bank draft.
- SEMESTER TUITION PAYMENTS (One-Time Auto Bank Draft, Check, Cash): Tuition submitted for the semester is processed through your choice of a one-time pre-authorized auto bank draft, check, or cash and is non-refundable.
- A studio fee of $50 will be charged per student to cover the cost of sheet music, lesson planning, curriculum development, recital programs, and recital rental space. This is an annual fee.
- A deposit of $100 is required to reserve a lesson time slot for the Fall. This non refundable deposit will be applied to Semester 1 tuition.
NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS (NSF) FEE: In the case of an ACH Transaction or check being rejected for Non Sufficient Funds (NSF) I understand that Michelle Lavin Music may, at its discretion, attempt to process the charge again within 5 days, and agree to an additional $25 charge for each attempt returned NSF which will be initiated as a separate transaction from the authorized recurring payment.
EARLY WITHDRAWAL: Once enrolled, the expectation is that you will be in lessons for the entire academic year (September-June). If your child must withdraw from any class a 30-day notice from the 15th of the month is required. All withdrawals need to be done on the Make A Change Form. After we receive the completed e-form your account will be charged for any outstanding balances including your final month, after which payments will stop processing.
Cancellation and Make-Up Policy:
Consistency of lessons is essential for productive musical training. Please read the following carefully:
- Make-ups will no longer be offered for student cancelled lessons, regardless of the time frame given.
- The teacher will use their discretion in regards to illness and family emergencies.
- In the event that the teacher is more than 15 minutes late for their scheduled lesson, the student will recieve a credit or make-up lesson.
- If the student is late by more than 15 minutes, the teacher may leave and the student will be charged for the lesson.
- Lessons that are canceled by the teacher will always be made up.
- School activities such as class trips, sports practices and games etc. do not qualify for a make-up lesson. Students may however attend a group class (when available) to make-up a cancelled lesson.
- If you must cancel for any reason, please notify your instructor and/or the studio at least 24 hours before the session. Last minute cancellations and no-shows will necessitate charging the full lesson fee as well as an additional $10 cancellation fee. We cannot make exceptions to this policy.
- Please do not come to lessons if you are sick! Alternatives include a live virtual lesson with your teacher during your regularly scheduled time, an assigned instructional video to be watched at anytime throughout the week, or you may use one of your 2 make-up lessons for the semester.
- There will be NO CREDITS given for missed lessons by the student- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Group Class Policy:
There will be no refunds given for group classes after the class has met more than once.
Cancellation and Make-Up Policy:
Consistency of lessons is essential for productive musical training. Students are allowed two make-up lessons per semester with a 24 hour cancellation notification. School activities such as class trips, sports practices and games etc. do not qualify for a make-up lesson. Students may however attend an additional masterclass to make-up a cancelled lesson. If you must cancel for any reason, please notify me at least 24 hours before the session. Any cancellations made less than 24 hours before the scheduled lesson are not eligible for make-up. There will be NO CREDITS given for missed lessons by the student- NO EXCEPTIONS.
If the school must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, the missed lessons will be added on to the end of the teaching year. No refunds for lessons missed due to these reasons will be given.
Students are expected to be prepared for each lesson and have the appropriate materials. If you have not been able to practice, you should still attend your lesson. There is much to learn and we can still work on materials such as sight reading and music theory. Students are expected to practice. Please be prepared to dedicate at least 4 days of practice each week. The amount of time spent each day will depend on the students age and playing level. The more time and effort that you dedicate to learning your instrument, the faster you will excel and the more enjoyment you will receive from your lessons.
Care of Students:
Michelle Lavin Music is not responsible for providing before or after care for students.
Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained at the lesson property resulting from activity conducted by the students before, during or after class time.