Lesson Tuition Payments: Lesson tuition is due at the beginning of each semester for the entire semester. Michelle Lavin Music accepts check, cash, Venmo or Paypal. Tuition is due by the first lesson each semester. A late fee of $15.00 will be assessed every 30 days past due. Please note the following:
- A studio fee of $25 per student/$40 per family will be charged to cover the cost of sheet music, lesson planning, curriculum development, recital programs, and recital rental space. This is an annual fee.
- A deposit of $100 is required to reserve a lesson time slot for the Fall. This non refundable deposit will be applied to Semester 1 tuition.
NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS (NSF) FEE: In the case of a check being rejected for Non Sufficient Funds (NSF) I understand that a fee of $25 will be charged to the student’s account.
EARLY WITHDRAWAL: Once enrolled, the expectation is that you will be in lessons for the entire academic year (September-June). If your child must withdraw from any class a 30-day notice from the 15th of the month is required. All withdrawals need to be done on the Make A Change Form. After we receive the completed e-form you will be held responsible for any outstanding balances including your final month.
Cancellation and Make-Up Policy:
Consistency of lessons is essential for productive musical training. Please read the following carefully:
- Make-ups will no longer be offered for student cancelled lessons, regardless of the time frame given.
- The teacher will use their discretion in regards to illness and family emergencies.
- In the event that the teacher is more than 15 minutes late for their scheduled lesson, the student will recieve a credit or make-up lesson.
- If the student is late by more than 15 minutes, the teacher may leave and the student will be charged for the lesson.
- Lessons that are canceled by the teacher will always be made up.
- School activities such as class trips, sports practices and games etc. do not qualify for a make-up lesson. Students may however attend a group class (when available) to make-up a cancelled lesson.
- If you must cancel for any reason, please notify your instructor at least 24 hours before the session. Last minute cancellations and no-shows will necessitate charging the full lesson fee. An additional $10 cancellation fee may be applied if the student has multiple no-shows. We cannot make exceptions to this policy.
- Please do not come to lessons if you are sick! Alternatives include a live virtual lesson with your teacher during your regularly scheduled time, an assigned instructional video to be watched at anytime throughout the week, or you may use one of your 2 make-up lessons for the semester.
- There will be NO CREDITS given for missed lessons by the student- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Group Class Policy:
There will be no refunds given for group classes after the class has met more than once.